What is a Profit First Professional?
A bookkeeper, accountant or business coach trained in the methodologies of Profit First as a money management strategy for business growth and sustainability.
All certified PFPs must have successfully implemented Profit First in their own business, and client businesses, before becoming certified.
How can I become a Profit First Professional?
- Read more about what it means to become a Profit First Professional
- Complete the application form here
- Meet with Laura Elkaslassy to discuss your application
- Pay your membership
- Get access to ProfitU, the member forum and enjoy the fruits of becoming a PFP
How long does it take to get certified?
On average it takes 5 to 6 months. Many have achieved certification much sooner. Our Profit First Guides are very agile. They can help you with what you need today as well as focus on the compliance aspects of the program.
What is included in the PFP Membership?
- Private Profit First training and implementation coaching
- Access to Profit University (ProfitU) with 24/7 access to resources, guides and training media.
- Our members only Facebook forum for Professionals to network, seek help, and strategise collectively.
- Profit First branding and marketing tool kit.
- Monthly national call (held virtually) with other Profit First Professionals and lead by Laura Elkaslassy.
- Monthly international call (held virtually) with Profit First Professionals from around the globe.
- Access to Profit First events.
- Certification as a Profit First Professional.
- Entry into our database of recommended Profit First Professionals which we connect to incoming leads.
How much does membership and certification cost?
Membership to train and practice as a Certified Profit First Professional is AUD$7200 annually, or AUD$720/month.
Training and certification are included in this membership fee.
There is an annual contract commitment. However, you can cancel your membership before your annual renewal if and when you are ready, although the majority of our PFPs stay members to reap the benefits of the Profit First community, events and resources.
Membership fee includes GST.
How can I get support as a PFP?
- One-on-one coaching
- Monthly national group coaching call
- Monthly international group coaching call
- Private member Facebook forum,
- Profit University for training and resources
Did you know you can claim CPD & CPE with Profit First!
Continued Personal Development (CPD) or Continuing Professional Education (CPE) is a requirement for any professional that is a member of an industry association.
As many of our members are Tax or BAS agents, they are required to complete a certain number of hours of professional development training within the relevant associations.
We have checked the requirements for CPA, TPB, ICB and ABN and the great news is Profit First Professionals are able to utilise the monthly national calls, workshops and events, plus time spent on certification or recertification towards these hours.
Just another great benefit of being a Profit First Professional member
How often are PFP events held?
ProfitCon is held annually in the United States, and Australian in-person events are held in different locations around the country each month.
Click here for details of upcoming events.
Do I need to stay a member to practice PF with clients?
No, but you need to remain a member to utilise your designation as a Certified Profit First Professional and to continue to use the tools, association, branding, marketing and other member benefits.
What is Profit University?
ProfitU is our members-only platform where we house:
- our video training library,
- done for you branding tool kit,
- marketing took kit,
- power-point presentations,
- workshop resources,
- pricing documents,
- client proposal scripts,
- Profit First calculators
Basically everything that a business owner would need to leverage their Profit First Membership.
How can I get leverage becoming a PFP?
When prospecting you will be able to create far better leads instantly, by leveraging the Profit First brand.
We will support you in converting leads into clients. As a trusted third party expert, any leads you generate by leveraging your affiliation to Profit First, will know that you are an integral part of the brand. We are ready, willing, and pumped to get on the phone with you and close sales.
Every time we, a fellow PFP, or you, markets Profit First, the awareness grows. You are being marketed even when you are not marketing!